Health walks are Free, fun, leisurely walks designed for people that currently do little or no exercise. No specialist equipment is required and anyone can turn up on the day. Although there is no special equipment required, it is advisable for participants to wear suitable clothing and footwear for the weather conditions.
You will find everything you need to know about the project by clicking on one of the headings below.
Download or view the latest timetable click here.
Join us at Bellinge Community House from 11:00am on Monday 9th January 2017 for a new Health Walk exploring the community around the Billing area.
Nordic Walking uses all the major muscles in the body, giving you a full body workout, whilst burning up to twice as many calories as ordinary walking.
- Uses 90% of your major muscles so your upper body gets toned as well as your legs and bum!
- Burns 20-40% extra calories
- It takes the pressure off your knees and joints and is great for back and neck problems
- You can get the most out of even a fairly short walk!
Schedule of Taster Sessions at Abington Park, Northampton – only £5
- Saturday 15th April, 9:00 – 10:00am.
- Wednesday 19th April, 18:30 – 19:30.
- Wednesday 28th June, 18:30 – 19:30.
- Saturday 1st July, 9:00 – 10:00am.
Schedule of Beginners Learn to Nordic Walk Courses at Abington Park, Northampton - £30 for 4 weeks including the use of poles
- Saturday 22nd April, 29th April, 6th May & 13th May, 9:00 – 10:00am.
- Wednesday 26th April, 3rd May, 10th May and 17th May, 18:30 – 19:30.
- Wednesday 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th July, 18:30 – 19:30.
- Saturday 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th July, 9:00 – 10:00am.
Please follow the link to visit the Walking for Health Walk Finder
If you want to see what is going on nationally then please visit the walking for health website
Follow the link to sign up for the Walking for Health National Newsletter.
Our next Health Walk Leader training day is taking place on Thursday 22nd June and Wednesday 27th September but 10:00am - 4:00pm Duston Sports Centre.
The course is open to anyone interested in becoming a Health Walk Leader, particularly those keen to volunteer on our Health Walks. The course is free to attend and by the end you will know more about walking for health, have a better understanding of the role of a walk leader and be confident to lead walks.